Saturday, November 28, 2009

Would you girls buy cosmetics from web? If so, what exactly would you buy, and what not?

I'm currious if you girls would rather buy cosmetics and beauty products from web than go to a local beautysop.





An what type of beauty products would you most likely buy from web.





I'm asking because I see more and more girls buy their beauty products from web -and yes ... I'm managing an online beauty-shop, but I'm not publishing the address, so that you don't think I'm making an ad to promote my store.





But I'll be happy to give it to you if you're interested.





So what's your opinion on this?





Thanks a lot ;)


/DanielWould you girls buy cosmetics from web? If so, what exactly would you buy, and what not?
I will buy products on-line that I already use and like or that are brands that I trust. With cosmetics, a woman needs to know what shades work for her, which is the advantage of being able to buy at a store where she can test. But once she's figured out a brand and shade that work, buying that product again is almost as easy as a man buying a shirt. (I watch my husband with envy when he picks up a shirt in a package and just by the neck size and sleeve length he knows it will fit.) Then the repurchase of that product can be driven by price and convenience. Some women like to experiment, so for them, a store makes more sense unless they are willing to gamble.





Bottom line for all web purchases for me: I love the convenience but I want a final price (after shipping) that is at least competitive with what I'd pay in a store, if not better. And when I buy in a store, I tend to wait for sales, so my ';buy'; price is set on the low side.





The other thing about web shopping is I don't want to put something in a shopping basket then be told it's not in stock. If that's the case, either don't show it to me or put that disclaimer on the product page.





In terms of cosmetic products, I want to be able to search by a product or brand line OR by a type of product (mascara, whatever). I want options to narrow my search, if a whole bunch of stuff comes up. I would love to be able to set my coloring and have the results presifted to be the colors that make sense for me.





Hope that feedback helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin rash