Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Should I buy the brush cleaner from MAC's line of cosmetics?

I was just wondering if it is worth spending money on brush cleaner when I could just kick it old school with shampoo and olive oil, that's all.Should I buy the brush cleaner from MAC's line of cosmetics?
keep kicking it old schoolShould I buy the brush cleaner from MAC's line of cosmetics?
Brush cleaners are to be used daily when you cannot shampoo your makeup brushes everyday. And shampooing should be done once a week.


So unless you substitute your daily brush cleaner with another brand of brush cleaner I wouldn't skip out on it completely.


I don't know about olive oil just because I can't imagine putting olive oil on a brush then onto my face even if it has gone through a shampoo cycle. I myself have oily skin therefore can't imagine adding extra oils to the skin.


Do I like MAC's brush cleaner? Yes, I enjoy the light scent of the product plus the minimal amount of alcohol it contains.
MAC's brush cleaner is more of a fast-drying ';spot cleaner'; - you should still shampoo your brushes regularly in between using it (I do most of mine with shampoo about once a week).





If you want to duplicate it, it's basically isopropyl alcohol (very cheap from some pharmacies %26amp; electronics stores) and a conditioner (just add in a spritz of leave-in conditioner).
I've worked across from them for 10 years and I've never actually seen the MAC artists use their own brush cleaner. They take their brushes to a sink every night and use shampoo. In fact, that's what all of us do. A lot of our companies send us Brush Off brush cleaner to use between makeovers- but at the end of the night we all take the brushes down and wash them regardless. Basically, as long as you're wringing them off gently, and allowing them to air dry flat on a paper towel overnight you're already doing what trained professionals do (without needing to wash all your brushes EVERY night, of course.) Nothing beats soap and water.
If you want something to use to clean in between uses, then get something similar, just so that your brushes don't have old shadow on them the next day, and then use the oldschool method for complete cleaning.
if you wanna save and buy something else with the money (like and eyeshadow.. or something) then yeah but it works well!


answer mine?


http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>
OLD SKEWL BABY.
MAC prosucts are amazing but u can just use old skool!
go to youtube and find enkores video about how to make ur own brush shampoo ul save alot of money

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin rash